Friday, August 12, 2011

This One Is For You!!!


For those that told me to do it, I did it!! I finally succumbed to the bikini (dh says it was too retro for him - whatever. He probably wanted something a little less dated or more skimpier) and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I just told myself that there are so many different body types out there that I shouldn't worry myself to death about the jiggly thighs or the few folds in my middle. It was hot and I didn't care and I went out to the water proudly.






Here's my story about my little black bikini. This black swim suit has been with me for the past 16 years and had never been worn. I bought it at JCPenney's on a whim because it was so cute, and had that cool retro look that I was alway into but never had the guts to wear. I was shy back then and had a poor body image, thinking I needed a ballerina body to be out in a suit like that. So I kept it but never wore it...until now, 16 years later at the age of ???? (okay we won't go there. ;) and I feel so liberated. I am proud of what I've accomplished and I can finally see it through the lens. Just wanted to share!!





4 comments:

  1. You.look.amazing!!!!!
    Good for you for going out on a limb and just doing it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good gracious you look fantastic, if I looked like that I wouldn't hesitate to wear a bikini! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO LOVEEEE YOU SUIT!!!<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love you bikinis!!! I'd like to have ones just like yours! And I can't believe you ever felt insecure wearing a bikini! Happy for you you're over that, you look absolutely great!!!

    p.s. thank you for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete