Friday, August 5, 2011

Bike Rides and Such.

Hello everyone. I am so very tired today from my 14 mile bike ride but made it to work for my half day. I did weigh in and am up .4 lbs. which I'm very annoyed about What's up with that? Apparently, I need to increase my protein intake but how much protein is enough? At this point, I'm not going to worry about it until after I get back from the beach. I also think my body needs a break from all this working out, so my gym instructor says. I'll take her advice. :)
The Bike ride was AWESOME!!!!!!! The theme was Cops and Robbers so I wore a black and white striped shirt with a black mask. Didn't have the hat because it was a bit too warm for that.



I almost didn't make it to the ride because apparently someone had locked their bike to my bike instead of the bike rack at work. I was dumbfounded. Luckily, all bikes have to be registered so I got the serial number and took it to the parking attendant who emailed that person. He showed up 10 minutes later. Anyway, I made it in time for the flat tire repair class, then met up with the general manager (Jordon) of Bicycle Space and checked out some of the road bikes. Wow, they are expensive but apparently a great road bike will last 10-20 years if well maintained.



Since I was there early, there was only a handful of people there and by the time we left the shop at 8:00, there was a group of about 75 people. Jordan's dream is to have a 1000 rider on these Thursday tours so we'll see what happens in the near future.




My new bike pals below.





We ended up riding all over DC (Dupont Circle, Adams Morgan, Woodley Park, etc), then had a stop at the Georgetown Waterfront park where we chatted, met a few people and had popsicles. Then it was off to the White House where rode around in circles singing Happy Birthday to the president, then rode to the Washington Monument, Capitol Building, and then to Chinatown where I proceeded to go back home and everyone else rode back to the bike shop. I got home around 10:30 and was starving, so I made a soy beef burrito (Chipotle style) and stayed up until 12:30. I guess I was a bit overtired but finally felt asleep.

Anyway, today is half a day. Will go to gym class, then another bike store in the 'burbs, eat lunch, come home and pack, then barre class, eat dinner, clean living room and kitchen, load the bikes on the car.... I'm tired thinking about the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment