Sunday, August 1, 2010

Start of my August blog

Currently listening to:  Spoon - "Everything Hits at Once"


Last night I brought out my old pictures that I hadn't seen in years.  I didn't think it would take me into the wee hours of the night, but there I was surrounded of my photos of past and present, with my raw emotions taking over: laughter, sadness, and nostalgia.  Sorting through them all was kind of a nightmare and I woke up this morning with photos all over my living room floor.  The things that I really wanted to do was scan some old pics of my parents since they original pictures were so old and no one else had copies of them.  I mostly was looking at old pics of my parents back in '67 when he studying at UW.


My mom and dad pregnant with me in Seattle, WA.  Love that dress.

I think my mom loved navy. I've seen her lots of navy.

Mom holding me.

I call this the "Jackie O" dress.  Mom didn't tell me where she was going in this outfit.

Tomorrow:  Beat Memories: The Photographs of Allen Ginsberg, May 2–September 16, 2010.  I've been wanting to see this exhibit for a while.  More details and pics tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment