Monday, August 9, 2010

So much for writing everyday.

Well, it looks like I didn't start my daily writing process in August.  Blogging is darn hard and just to keep up with it on a daily basis is much harder.  So I've decided to write when I feel in the mood.

Anyway, this weekend was a very full weekend with lots to do.

Friday - LL came by and we had lunch at Nordstrom and had a chance to look around since it was TAX-FREE day in VA for clothing and shoes under $100.  Most of the summer clothes were gone and most of the stores had not recieved their new Fall inventory yet, so I didn't buy anything for myself.  Afterwards, we ended up going to Jazz in the Garden for some deliciously strong sangrias, cool Norwegian jazz and great conversation.  B joined us later.

Saturday - It was the Mini Cooper Rally at FedEx field.  B and I registered to drive Mini Coopers in a course to test out how the minis would do in sharp turns and fast speed. It was quite fun and had a chance to test drive twice. 


B test driving the Mini Cooper
Afterwards, we ended up driving back to DC and decided to check out the National Arboretum, which is USDA research facility and a "living musem" in conservation of trees, plants and gardens. We took quite a few pictures and I think I had on a decent outfit on to take some pictures.

Moi at the National Arboretum
Lastly, B and I went to the bike shop to get a new bike.  They had the exact same bike and we decided to go ahead and get it.  We definitely need to start riding, if only the weather would cooperate.  It's so HOT!!!

Later, A. called wanting to get together at Nick's Riverside Grill where a friend of hers, James Keyes, played an acoustic set of original and old folk tunes. He was pretty darned good.  My brother showed up too and the night was pretty decent.

Sunday - headed out to moms. I think this outfit looked pretty good.
Top: Max Studio// Pants: ATL khakis rolled up// Sandals: Aerosoles // Neckace: Kenneth Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment