Monday, January 5, 2015

(Not So Great) Start of the New Year

Is it true that bad things happen in 3's? I hate to be a Debbie-downer but real LIFE happened, especially in the last few weeks. I'm hoping these 3 bad things are out of the way so hopefully that's it for the year.

1. Hospitalization. I had to go to the emergency room right before our Xmas trip with major stomach pains. I couldn't eat, felt nauseous, and had a full stomach sensation with major heart burn, etc.  I wasn't too worried until the 4th day I ended up in urgent care.  After a few tests and questions, including a rectal exam by the young male handsome intern (I mean COME ON!! Really!!)  I was diagnosed with GERD. It sounds worse than it is but it's actually chronic acid reflex so nothing to worry, about unless I had recurring problems. I was given PEPCID AC to take twice daily for 60 days.  I feel soooo much better now. I think it was all the bad eating I did after Thanksgiving or a bug of some sort.

2. Flooding. We came home from the our holiday travels to find that our 4th floor neighbor's water heater had flooded all the way down to the first floor (we are located on the 2nd floor) damaging our floors, walls, ceilings, and Persian rug. Heavy duty fans were placed near the walls and the floors to dry them out and after a week, the flooring was still wet.  Looks like flooring will need to be replaced and the fans will still be running.




3. Car accident. On Saturday morning, we were out running errands only to be sideswiped by another car.  We both pulled over and the other driver came out to apologize, that she didn't see our car.  (HELLO, we have a turquoise MINI, can you not see the car?) To top if off, she didn't have her driver's license plus driving her sister's car. We ended up having to call the police.

The damage to the car was minor, thank God, mostly cosmetic with huge white scratches to the driver's side and small dent, but it does look bad. Luckily, the other car was insured so we'll go through their insurance. All in all, we were fine so that's all that matters in the end.



Anyway, I'm looking for some good news to come in the future. Our anniversary is in 10 days. No plans yet but will post later.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I think you have just had your entire 2015's worth of bad luck. There should be no more! (hopefully!)
    Speaking of acid reflux, I had my gall bladder out in 2013 and ever since then have had HORRIFIC acid reflux. Taking 1 Prilosec OTC each morning has made it vanish completely. I strongly recommend it (cause it's only once a day)

    ReplyDelete