Thursday, January 1, 2015

December 31, 2014 - January 1, 2015 - A New Year Birthday Celebration

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!






I can't believe the year has gone by. It seems the days go by so much quicker than they used to that I just can't seem to keep up. It's my birthday today, New Year's Day. I'm 40+ (ahem-something) years of age. I suppose I'm technically middle age now so not sure how to feel about it but it is what it is, so they say.  I'm okay. I feel young. I'm healthy. My loved ones are healthy. I have a roof over my head. My bills are paid for. What more can I ask for? Ask me again in 6 months. 

Last year at this time we were in Costa Rica enjoying the warm weather and relaxing at the beach. Was it only a year ago? This year we stayed home and decided to go to the Black Cat for a night of swinging jazz with Peaches O'Dell and her Orchestra performing lots of dance music, dreamy romantic fare from the 1930s-40s, Latin goodies including rhumbas and tangos, "jump swing," hot-cha-cha stuff from the very late 1920s and a few humdingers of the 1950s. A separate lounge act byTony Anthony & His Malvivants provided entertainment between sets.  

I had been to the Black Cat numerous times to see local rock bands play so I was familiar with the venue and had a feeling it was going to be crowded.  The music and bands were great. We watched. We danced. We kissed at midnight. All in all, we had a marvelous time and then it was back to home for much needed sleep. 

Now the New Year begins. Now let's move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment