Friday, March 16, 2012

My First Half Marathon - Pre Race Musings

Hello all.

Some of you may know that I've been training for a half marathon, the Rock and Roll marathon series to be exact, which is a nationally known event that takes place in many major cities. The DC race is tomorrow. Starting and finishing at RFK Stadium, this is the only marathon to run entirely in Washington, D.C. The scenic race goes through historic Washington, past the White House, downtown and through quaint neighborhoods. I'm actually looking quite forward to seeing the city in this perspective.





Yesterday, I had the day off and picked up my race packet at fitness expo. I also managed to pick a few more items which I probably didn't need such as a pair of running sun glasses,  a St. Patty's Day which says t-shirt O' Runner Girl,  and bought a sleek sports belt to put my ID, subway card, cash, and Iphone because I can't NOT run without music and IT IS the Rock and Roll race after all.






Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment